6.02.2007

leaving on a jet plane....again

Vahan says I should write that I'm so happy to be leaving and I can't wait to get to Armenia.

Only the second part of that statement is actually true. I'm very excited for my summer there, but I'm also a little sad to be gone from here, Washington/Virginia, my new home these last 10 months. That said, I'll be back in eight short weeks, and still have three weeks of summer to live it up. (As much as you can live it up in the disgusting mugginess that is D.C. in August.)

I'm excited, however, to be living in Yerevan for two months. Though my trip last spring was also two months, I felt I was getting back on a plane by the time I got used to a new place. This time, I'm actually going to get a sense of living in Armenia, something I've been wanting to experience for a long time.

So I'll do my best to keep you posted with funny English translations, crazy cab drivers, delicious Toumanian shawerma, and maybe occasionally write about my work. Oh, and there'll be pictures, too!

Lots of love to you all!

bachig bachig!

No comments: