5.30.2007

detroit rock city

It seems the Motor City is going to be a required vacation destination for the foreseeable future, so I've been making the most of it.

This long weekend was devoted to the ACYOA Sports Weekend. For my gringo friends, this means a weekend o' partying Armo-style. Vahan and I flew in late Thursday, where we were met at the airport by his sister and best gal pal Greg.

VERY IMPORTANT ADDENDUM: Lest I be exiled from Vahan's family forevermore (and not invited to his wedding) the wonderful DIKRAN picked us all up from the airport at 10 p.m. just because he's a nice guy. He also let me sleep on the couch in his basement. He did not, however, come with us to Ram's Horn. I guess that means he is a gay.
After a late-night snack at Ram's Horn -- my new favorite all-American greasy spoon, where the menu includes wonderful combinations like the third and fourth items:



(Aren't they clever?) we crashed. On Friday, we checked into the Troy Marriott and got pumped for a weekend full of parties. Friday night at the Detroit Institute of Arts, Saturday night at Ford Field (preceded by a delicious Italian dinner with Vahan's grandfather and his wife), and Sunday night at St. John's, which included an open bar...made of ice!



Cool! (Pun intended.)

We wrapped it all up with a church picnic on Monday. Craaaaazy weekend. One too many dirty martinis, lots of dancing for my now-sore feet, but it was all worth it. It was nice way to leave the U.S. behind for two months and prepare for an onslaught of two months of Armenianness when I take off from Dulles on Saturday....stay tuned!

For good measure, here's my favorite pic of me and Vahan from the weekend. OK, really I just wanted to show off my new cute short haircut. Enjoy!



And no, we're not doing the robot. It's Armenian dancing at Ford Field, naturally.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

The restaurant menu that is pictured is NOT from Ram's Horn. It is from Sero's. Ram's Horn would NEVER make a mistake like that. All hail the glory that is Ram's Horn.

Next time we will go to my Ram's Horn and then you will truly understand.

eva said...

That was from Ram's Horn. Idiot. You stink.

Anonymous said...

After you met Knar and Greg at the airport, did you walk home? Teleport? Take a magic carpet ride? THIS IS BULLSHIT!!! You are a gay. Also, the menu is definitely not from Seros, which makes Ram's Horn a gay. And just for good measure, you OC princess too good to acknowledge the peons who serve you, you're still a gay!!!

Anonymous said...

I will bet anyone $10,000 that the menu is from Sero's and not from Ram's Horn.

eva said...

Easy bet. Just ask Avdoian. He's the one who pointed out the menu. Idiot.

Anonymous said...

http://www.ramshornfamily.com/rams%20horn%20menu%202005.pdf

Carolina said...

dude, just admit it, you guys were SO doing the robot. maybe you were doing the armenian robot, but it was the robot nonetheless.

Carolina said...

oohh, i figured out what the armenian robot is called... its the armobot!!!! man, im awesome!

Jessica said...

Armobotics!

That is a gay.

Anonymous said...

hmmm... dare I enter the fray?

I dare not. Just wanted to say - love the haircut!

And I can't remember my password...ah, preggo brain.

xo,
b