6.22.2007

connected to the world

I decided to cave and buy a dial-up Internet card today. Boy am I glad I did! The connection is far better than in the Internet cafes as I'm not battling for bandwidth with pre-pubescent boys playing online games. Not to mention that 1,000 AMD for 8 hours is a steal compared with the relatively cheap Internet cafe price of 300 AMD/hour.

The only snag is that my phone card is very short and the jack is directly behind the TV stand. I've pulled up a chair right behind the TV (which is as far as the cord will extend) and am using that as a desk. Dad, maybe you can bring a longer phone cord? Oh well. This'll do for now.

This has been a successful week for interviews. I got 6 good ones done. Now I'm looking forward to a weekend of sleeping (as if I could sleep any more), a little shopping (I've so far resisted at Vernissage, but I'm sick of my earrings and think it's high time for new ones), and on Sunday going to Pyuragan with the staff of Yerkir TV, which ought to be a little crazy, but definitely fun. For those unawares, that's the Tashnag TV station. And if you don't know what a Tashnag is...well, I'll explain when I get back. :)

Apparently the connection isn't quite good enough to upload photos. That'll be my next task, I promise.

Bachigs.

No comments: