6.07.2007

the bulleted update

* Got the suitcase -- but got reamed on cab fare. Ugh.

* The heat has begun. Thankfully, the late afternoon thunderstorms are still coming and clearing the air at night. There's a nice breeze going now, and back-to-back lightning. It feels good.

* Got set up at CMI. I'll be working from their library, which has a computer with an Internet connection at my disposal. (Sweet!) I won't be there every day, but it's nice to know I have a space that isn't the apartment with all the distractions that come with any apartment (i.e. TV, refrigerator, balconies that peer out on interesting neighbors.)

* Also got my first interview and set up a few others. I'll be checking out NDI's Yerevan office on Monday or Tuesday. I'm excited to finally see a field office at work.

* Eaten at Toumanyan Shawerma twice already. Never gets old.

Those are the high points for now. It's about 11:30 pm here. I'll try (again)to write something more cogent about my impressions on how Yerevan has changed sometime tomorrow.

Bachigs!

No comments: