6.03.2007

obligatory airport post

Got to London safe, but perhaps not so mentally sound. Why didn't anybody tell me that only one carry-on (as in, one bag, not one purse and a bag, JUST ONE BAG) is permitted on flights in and out of London. Well, apparently United isn't too strict about into London, but they should be as I had a minor meltdown at Dulles as I tried ot lighten the load of my main suitcase (It was about 27 pounds overweight.) and then also cram space in my carryon for my laptop and enough space to cram my purse in London. Stupid stupid terrorists. They ruin the fun for everybody.

Anyhow, I ended up having to buy an extra carryon that I checked and was able to lose the extra 27 pounds in my massive suitcase, and consequently avoided paying $50 penalty I would have been charged.

Needless to say: A very unnecessarily stressful experience. Avoid this at all costs if you can.

That said, I'm only 7 hours away from Yerevan and getting more excited by the minute. Mostly I just want to sleep. It's 6:30 my time (11:30 in London) and I slept only about 2 hours on the remarkably short flight. Another bonus: A 24-hour wifi pass at Heathrow runs about 5 pounds, or close to $10. Money well spent on killing three hours if you ask me.

Another word of advice: Californians move to the East Coast or travel overases from the East Coast. Wayyyyyy easier on the body. It only took 6 hours getting from DC to London. It takes longer flying home to California. Amazing.

That should be all for now. Next post/stop: Yerevan!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Eleeza- I'm so excited to read your live journal while you're away! I hope you arrive in Armenia safely. -Knar

Anonymous said...

knar is a gay