6.04.2007

pari kaloosd

Parev from Yerevan!

I arrived late last night, 1 1/2 hours late and one suitcase short. British Airways apparently decided to only load one of my suitcases on the flight to Yerevan. Unfortunately, the one that got left behind had all my toiletries in it. They promise it'll arrive by Wednesday morning.

Otherwise all else is well. My apartment is amazing. I highly encourage anyone who's considering visiting this summer to do so. I've got more than enough space to house a couple people. It's a brand-new renovation -- I'm the first person to stay there! My balcony has a view of the opera building and the kitchen window looks out toward the Cascade. It's probably bigger than my place in Arlington. Seriously, people, come visit!

I woke up late today and got moving rather slowly. I'm still jet lagged and exhausted from the trip -- even though it was so much shorter than flying from California. But I did take a nice walk around the city today. I stopped in the IREX office to thank the staff who helped me find a place. Then there was lunch at Artbridge, my favorite cafe, where I met one of my favorite friends, Azatouhi, with whom I spent a lot of time when I was here in 2004 with Harry. I took a walk around the city in the afternoon only to be caught in a serious thunderstorm.

It finally let up and now I'm at the 24-hour Internet cafe across the street from my sweet pad. I'll probably go to bed early tonight and get to work setting up interview tomorrow.

My brain is a little mushy now. I'll try to write something more eloquent tomorrow and give you a little insight into how I think Yerevan has changed in the last 2 1/2 years. There's plenty to say about that.

Until later...

3 comments:

Alison Williams said...

Your place sounds amazing! So glad you made it safely, even if you are down a bag.

Can't wait for more posts!

Anonymous said...

Do not tell Vahan about this chick.

eva said...

Hahahahahahahaha. Great/weird minds think alike I guess...Anyhow, it's too late. He already sent me that link yesterday and said he's leaving me for her. Le sigh.