7.26.2006

vice-mom

First I got to play vice-bride, in case Jessey couldn't complete her bridely duties on her wedding day. Now, I'm vice-mom to her two cuter-than-cute kids.
I spent yesterday in Simi Valley hanging with J-momma, Elizabeth (a rowdy and chatty 2-year-old) and Dylan (my little Mr. Potatohead, whose 7-months-old head roughly resembles a spud -- albeit the cutest spud you have EVER seen.)

We had a blast. Elizabeth and I swam in the pool. ("You a dolphin!" Yes, I am, kiddo! Even if I AM sitll afraid of snorkeling). J and I submitted to L'il E's every command: "You jump in now!"

I can't even do justice to their crazy kid antics. You'll have to read up on J's blog for more of that. Only a mother could paint the most hilarious picture of her own insane children.

My arms may be a bit sore from lugging Dylan around the grocery store, but it was totally worth it. He's got the greatest smile that makes everything around you melt away. I guess I do have some maternal instincts I didn't know about it. Otherwise, I wouldn't be proudly posting these pix. Auntie Eleeza will brag to anybody about her favorite Evans kids!


See! I can feed a baby!


She may look sleepy-eyed and innocent here, but she's a regular mermaid in the water.

4 comments:

Jessica said...

Aren't my kids so cute!?!

It's proof positive that a) Eleeza COULD be a mommy someday and b) I MIGHT need to have another kid, you know, so as not to deprive the world of that radiant beauty and intelligence....

But, I'm slightly biased.

Ellyn said...

Your turn E. Time to procreate, baby momma.

Ellyn said...

How do I link you to my page??

Jessica said...

See! I told you to get knocked up...wait....no...that's not right.

Is that your mom posting under an assumed name BTW?