8.13.2006

in absentia

I've been a terrible blogger of late, I know. Sorry to all my loyal readers who have by now probably just given up on me.

There's been a lot going on in addition to the general packing and madness that has consumed my life.

In two weeks, we had two going-away BBQs: one at the house with the small village that makes up my Dad's side of the family and another at our pool with my friends -- mostly Register peeps, but a mix of others throw in as well, just for good measure.

To the right you'll see all the people I'm related to.

Up top is me as the master cowgirl griller at my going-away BBQ.

To top it all off, I went to my last wedding of the year last night. The 2006 Marital Marathon is officially complete. Woohoo! 2007 is wide open, kids. Hurry up and get engaged before my calendar gets all booked up.

Chris and Adrienne got hitched in Dana Point overlooking the harbor on a beautiful clear afternoon. And then we all had a few drinks...ahem...and kept the party going at Hennessey's, then in the limo on the way back to the hotel and again at the hotel, where we finally crammed into whatever beds we could and intermittently giggled and slept the night away. I finally crawled home at 6 this morning and have been sobering up ever since.

But look how fun it was:

The happy couple.

Trojans represent.

The after party aftermath...

And with that I only have five days left before I fly cross-country, sans shampoo or lotion or liquid makeup, to return to the life of academia. I can't wait!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

You forgot to mention the pukeage and the mad need for McDs the morning after.

Ah...alcohol...

Ellyn said...

I'm sad you're leaving.