8.18.2006

last night (cue the strokes)

This is my last post from my childhood room in The O.C. I'm ready for my big girl room in Arlington.

It's hard to fathom that it was less than 10 months ago that it first occured to me that maybe I could get into grad school and shortly after thinking aloud on the possibility for the gazillionth time, Becca gently yelled at me and told me to either apply or shut up about it already. What can I say? I respond well to directness.

Thank goodness she was so forward with me. I probably wouldn't be tearing up right now looking at my empty closet and my bare walls and my overstuffed suitcases. And still feeling that something very right was about to happen.

Still, it's not easy walking away from where you grew both from 6 to 16 and from college coed to young working woman. All the more reason to creep closer to 30 in a wholly new environment, I guess.

This time tomorrow I'll be asleep in Larry and Zaheera's new house. Funny how I've started and ended two major 2006 adventures with that crazy couple. My mini world tour started with their wedding in April, I returned home the day of their OC reception (and made it to the party despite my jetlag -- can't keep this gal away from the bhangra music), and now I'm starting over in Washington in their fabulous new house.

The next post will come from *my* fabulous new house!

Look out Dubya, there's only room for one smirking cowgirl in this town and it's gonna be me!

No comments: