7.11.2006

sarah and lev got married


You saw it here first. Those crazy kids finally got married. And I gotta say, despite being a total wedding grouch lately, it was a great wedding. They were happy, our friends were happy, it was a beautiful day and the ceremony overlooked downtown Long Beach from across the water and the Queen Mary was just off to the side. Despite the fact that it was roughly a gazillion degrees by the time Sarah walked down the aisle, it was still a great day to get married.

We boogied and toasted and then went home for an afternoon nap before heading out again with the newlyweds for a pitcher of beer in downtown Long Beach.

Another wedding down, two more go this summer.

While the nuptials were a highlight of my weekend there was another, more momentous occasion for the adolescent girl trapped inside my psyche: I finally got to see Pearl Jam in concert. Needless to say, all my teenage fantasies came true. (Well, not *all* of them. Eddie Vedder didn't ask me to marry him. *sigh*) It was probably one of my top 5 concerts of all time, second only to seeing the Pixies reunite at Coachella in 2004. They played "Jeremy," "Alive," "Black," all my favorites. I was giddy and couldn't stop jumping up and down, much to the amusement of Brad, who happily accompanied me to the show in the crappy, crappy Forum. I'm all for Pearl Jam's brand of playing the least commercialized venues, but the Forum is nothing more than a hole. I still don't get how the Lakers played there for years. In short: Don't go to a concert there unless you enjoy drowning in a sea of people while waiting in a 200-chick-deep line for the ladies' room. Yuck.

That's all for this week. Thursday I head up north to see some friends and another wedding (of course.) Looking forward to a nice long drive on my own.

No comments: