7.07.2006

it's not you, it's me

If you've been wondering where I am, it's not that I'm getting married. It's that *everybody* else is. On Saturday I'll be attending my third all-Register wedding of the year. (Number 4 is next Saturday in Morgan Hill for Sam and Jit Fong.)

I'm not comlaining. I adore Sarah and Michael and I'm very excited to see them get married, but this is getting to be insane. Remember my last post about loafing about at home? Now those free moments are spent shopping for wedding presents, wrapping wedding presents, writing wedding cards, shopping for a shirt that won't look ridiculous with the white skirt I'm wearing to the weddings. Yeah, I'm a bit over it.

It was nice a few years ago as I watched the first few of my friends get married. There was a certain novelty to it. We were Grown Up. Now, I scroll through the online wedding registries looking for a reasonably priced gift an unemployed friend can give to two friends who she REALLY DOES LIKE. (Seriously: I'm not complaining about my friends, just the onslaught of all things ivory and tulle.)

Thank goodness for small miracles. My kindly friends have not asked me to participate in any of their nuptials. I'll be reading a passage from the Old Testament at Sarah and Michael's ceremony and I'm more than happy to do it.

Ah well. I'll get them back someday when I look like this:



Well...maybe not EXACTLY like that. That was from Sarah's bachelorette party, where we were all required to wear bridesmaid uniforms...errrr...dresses from years past. This was toward the end of the night after a few drinks and an ill-advised kamikaze. Still, I think I look like a beeeeyouuuuutiful princess. No?

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Didn't you wear the dress from MY wedding? That was such a slacker vice-bride job that you had. I was clearly NOT a bridezilla. I gave you a color and let you dress yourself...that's the bomb-dot-com.