7.05.2006

my life post-vacation

So I know it's been a while since my last post, but I've been trying to figure out what's next with this blogging thing. And, frankly, it's not like there's much in my life to report at this point. My days are spent:

1. Waking up late
2. Drinking coffee
3. Reading the LA Times (don't get the Register anymore -- woohoo!)
4. Going for a run in the sweltering heat (which is surprisingly satisfying)
5. Possibly laying out at the pool and reading (currently: "Prague" by Arthur Phillips)
6. Coming home to memorize the Craigslist housing ads (searching for DC housing from Cali SUCKS.)

That's about it. In the evenings I'm usually off grabbing a beer with the friends I'd been missing the last two months or watching Netflixed flicks (recently viewed: Must Love Dogs -- sucker for John Cusack, Everything is Illuminated -- Jonathan Safran Foer is a crazy dude, and March of the Penguins -- baby penguins are AWESOME.)

Oh! And I bought my ONE-WAY ticket to Washington yesterday. I land at Dulles on Aug. 18. Can't wait!

To be honest, this anticipation is what's really killing me. I'm bored and frustrated and eager to get started at Georgetown. As such, I wish I was already there, moved in and started with classes. Of course, I'm no idiot, and I know better to enjoy the last truly free weeks I have left. Still...it'd be nice to end this waiting game.

This is all my long-winded way of saying the blog will stay the same for better or for worse (read: so long as mom and dad will continue reading it -- Hello, parents!)

The title still works: Where is Eleeza?

Right now? Back home, in her childhood bedroom, eagerly anticipating the Next Step.

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

You may already know this, but also check the Washington City Paper classifieds for housing. (At least, they were an excellent resource 4 years ago. I think I arrived in the area on 8/16/02.)