6.12.2006

last stop: santorini

Well, my last stop will actually be the port of Piraeus and on to home, but for now, I've got four days left and they'll be in Santorini. I'm looking forward to more of the island lifestyle, though I've heard it'll be a bit livelier than quiet Naxos.

That said, Naxos has been just the antidote I needed to a sleepless night on Mykonos. Lounging beach and poolside with a book is really all I wanted out of my island excursion and that's just what I got. Eating delicious seafood was just an added bonus. In fact, I think I've only eaten meat twice in the last 8 days. I think we're going for gyros for lunch to make up for that.

As lovely as it is to sit around, it'd be nice to do some more exploring. I think I'll save that for next time. Two weeks on one or maybe two islands would be just enough time to explore a place by car, on foot or bicycle. Not moped or motorcycle. Those things freak me out. (#3,489 of the Things that Scare Eleeza.)

I'll check in a few more times before my *early* Friday morning flight home. I know before I said I don't want to come home, but in the last couple days, I've decided I'm ready to have my bed back. And a sizable bathtub would be nice. And not sharing a bathroom with a boy. That'd be really nice, too. No complaints about my travel companion, but still...he's a boy.

Love and ouzo, everybody!

5 comments:

Jessica said...

When are you starting back up with school?

Christie said...

How do you even know this Fred boy?

eva said...

J: School starts Aug. 25. I'll be moving mid-August.

C: I know Fred from Davis. He was a columnist at the Aggie when I was but a lowly reporter. Now he's a fancy-pants doctor. Go figure.

Jessica said...

Ah ha...
I'm gonna be in SoCal from July 24ish to August 6ish...just in case you needed to visit me and my adorable chitlins.

Fred...Hooooots!
And PS, you were never a LOWLY reporter. You were unpolished and substandard, but never lowly! :)
JK JK love you!

Hilary & Greg said...

How's about I tag along next time you feel the urge to explore a few Greek islands? That'd be fabulous. Anyway welcome home soon!!! I can't wait to see lots more pictures.
love,
H