4.13.2006

t-minus...

The countdown is ON. Less than 24 hours from now I'll be en route to Frankfurt. My bags are packed and my heart is racing.

Two MONTHS. TWO months. TWO MONTHS, PEOPLE! That's a looooong time. Understandably, I'm wigging.

One of the girls who left for South Africa Tuesday night called this afternoon. She arrived in Durban to discover her carry-on bag -- which she was forced to check in at Johannesburg b/c they ran out of overhead space -- had been rifled through. Gone were her jeans, contact lens and precription medications. Seeing as how it was her carry-on, she hadn't thought to lock it. Needless to say, I've packed extra locks.

Heart pounds again.

There's not much left I can do except toss and turn all night. I'll do that soon. But first, I'm grabbing my last Corona with some friends.

See you in two months!

1 comment:

Christie said...

I am SO excited for you (and a wee bit jealous). I can't wait to read all your adventures! Stay safe and healthy - this is the trip of a lifetime!