4.25.2006

almost forgot

I've already gotten a few emails about the bombing in Egypt, so I just wanted to let you know where I'm going to be. Don't worry, because I'm not.

Courtney and I are staying near Sharm El Sheik for a few days next week. Dahab, the city where the bombings occurred is nearby and is apparently on the road to the ferry we're going to take to cross over to Jordan. (yes, the ferry that sank and I'm way more worried about that than the stupid terrorists.)

In fact, Courtney tells me it may work to our advantage. Tourists are pouring out of the country and we're hoping to get into a better hotel in Cairo now.

So please don't worry. I'll be just fine. You know me; I'd rather flirt with disaster than scuba dive with the fishes. (Yes, Courtney, I'm still freaking out about the scuba diving. We'll discuss more in Egypt.)

2 comments:

Austin and Merrick Tully Lev said...

Dear OA,

It sounds like you are having an amazing time. Such rich and diverse cultural experiences. Thank you for sharing. I feel like I'm learning something, too.

I want you and Courtney to be careful out there. I won't worry too much because there's probably more security now more than ever. But please stay safe!

Keep in touch

Sarah

Jessica said...

Scuba diving in the Nile? I am very confused.