12.03.2006

procrastination nation

I should be writing the last 140 words of my STIA paper and what am I doing? Screwing around on the Internet, catching up on my friends' blogs, mindlessly flipping through MySpace. Ugh. I did so great for the first half of the semester. I was energized. I did ALL the reading. I enthusiastically participated in class discussions. Now? I just want to go home, eat mom's food, and zone out in front of a TV. (I'm *really* starting to miss having a TV. Just a little CNN or DiscoveryTimes. Is that so much for a girl to ask?)

I wonder if part of my fatigue has to do with the semester system? The 10-week quarter always seemed to zip by rather quickly. The four-month-long semester seems to be interiminable. Especially now that I'm on the cusp. Last lecture is Tuesday and after that I only have one paper/potential multimedia project and a take-home exam, which probably will run no more than 5 or 6 pages. Easy!

Counting the days to Dec. 17...

In addition to all that, Roommate and I have decided we both really want to move into the city and are looking into subletting our place and moving into the Big Bad City sometime around mid-January. Part of tonight's procrastination revolved around us simultaneoulsy searching Craig's List and Washington City Paper and calling out attractive-looking listings. I'm going to call a few places tomorrow.

Our apartment is great and it is in a cute neighborhood, but we've both been feeling pretty isolated. Some of you have heard my complaints on this. It largely has to do with my lack of a car and the general unreliability of the weekend bus schedules. Also, after riding the train, waiting up to half an hour for a bus can be pretty frustrating. So we'll see what comes up. No guarantees yet, but we're both pretty excited about the possibility.

So if any of you D.C. readers have suggestions/ideas, let me know!

No comments: