12.05.2006

home stretch

I had the last lecture of my first semester of grad school tonight. I'm almost DONE. All that's left is a take-home final (due Dec. 18, one day after I get home) and a final paper/project/whatever-I-want-to-make-of-it/creative-type assignment (due Dec. 20, three days after I get home).

See, at this point, everything is considered in terms of how long it will be before I get home. Today? 12 days before I go home! Tomorrow? 11 days! Fun game! Teach the kiddies some math and play at home!

Why so anxious?

1. I haven't been home since August.
2. I'm desperate for real Mexican food.
3. When my alarm went off at 6:30 this morning and NPR came on, the announcer (who really didn't deserve the flurry of epithets I spat at him) told me it was 28 degrees outside!
4. Right now it's 35 degrees.
5. Oh yeah, I miss my family and friends and stuff.

All I need to do is get through those two damn papers...soo close, yet so far away...

2 comments:

Christie said...

I second the Mexican food vote! I am even going to bring storebought sealed taco seasoning back with me, because, yes, it's that bad here.

Jessica said...

Ha! I miss good California, made by real Mexicans Mexican food too.
Our favorite Mexican restaurant is owned by Italians, I'm pretty sure, or Syrians. No, they're Italian.