1.10.2008

denial

I started my last semester of graduate school yesterday, but I feel like it's never going to end.

I attended the first class of the last graduate course I'll ever take. But it doesn't feel like I'm leaving the classroom for good.

Tomorrow morning I attend my first-ever thesis colloquium for what will probably be the biggest academic endeavor I ever take on. And yet every time I open thesis.doc, I scan a few pages, freeze up, and close it.

Am I afraid to start because I don't know what's going to happen when I finish? Where will I get a job? What happens after 2:30 p.m. May 16?

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Don't fret! You've got the Real World jitters. It's cool. You'll power through the courses, get a bomb job and be happy forever!!!

After May 16, you will come to my house to chillax and get some baby snuggles. You've got one kid here with 2+ years of an Eleeza void. That just ain't right! Plus we'll have a new one by then...lots of prime snuggling to be done.