1.03.2007

and we start anew


Good friends, good drinks and some fabulously retro music helped ring in the New Year for me in Hollywood on Sunday night. At first, I really wasn't looking forward to an LA night out. But I doushed my negative attitude with a few well-spiked cocktails and had a good time, no less. Still: One of these years, I'm determined to have the perfect New Year's Eve at home. Perhaps a la Moon.

This time last year my grad school applications were posted and on their way to several discerning admissions committees. I was (still) recovering from my wildest New Year's Eve ever in Long Beach, and I was (still) slaving away at The Paper, wondering if I'd ever get out. As I (we all?) are wont to do, I was wondering what my life would be like at the dawn of 2007. Would I be in grad school somewhere? Would I still be a singleton? Would the Republicans rule this country forever and ever and ever?

Happily, the answers to those questions were: Yes. No. And (Sorry Whelan), a very resounding NO.

A LOT has changed in the last 12 months. So much so, in fact, that I'll be content to keep up with the status quo in 2007. Grad school is going great. I'm really enjoying working in a new environment. Building a relationship with someone is as wonderful as I remembered. And there is hope for the political future of this country. (See, I'm totally a Washingtonian now.)
And so with that, I'm anxiously awaiting getting back to forming this new life of mine and enjoying it every step of the way.
Happy 2007!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You "doushed" your negative attitude? Doesn't that...you know, dry it out and stuff?

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, this is Jeff.

Jessica said...

No Jeffy, it leaves it fresh and clean, like a spring breeze. Or a summer rainshower.
Ahhhhhhhhh.