11.17.2007

top 7 songs of the moment

Thanks for tagging me, Liz!

My favorite seven songs of the moment, in no particular order...

1. "Sovay" by Andrew Bird: Peaceful, melodic, good for work, when I'm often demanded (gently encouraged?) to play d.j. by Natasha, my friendly officemate.

2. "Fighting in a sack" by The Shins: I hadn't listened to the Shins in a while when I'd dug up my Garden State soundtrack, which prodded me to go looking for Chutes Too Narrow. Awesome album. Get it. Get it now.

3. "Silver lining" by Rilo Kiley: Probably my favorite song off their new album, "Under the blacklight." With every album, my crush on Jenny Lewis just grows and grows.

4. "Blue train" by John Coltrane: Apparently, jazz is the perfect thesis writing music because I listen to Coltrane over and over and over. In fact, I probably listen to "Blue Train" over and over and just don't realize it because it's perfect background music.

5. "Presidente" by Kinky: If you're not a morning person like me, you need a major kick in the pants when slogging to work in the mornings. Kinky wakes me up AND puts a skip in my step.

6. "Let factories open" by Armenian Navy Band: I realize most people won't be familiar with this AWESOME band. Here's a hint: Jazz, pop, rock, Armenian, fabulous. This song reminds me of my summer in Armenia, and in particular, a fun little road trip I took with my dad and some other OC friends while he was visiting me there.

7. "Way to blue" by Nick Drake: Fred once made fun of me for being a whiny emo girl because I liked Nick Drake. I find him soothing. I do not find Fred soothing.

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Make sure you see the tigers, too. The tigers are way cooler than the pandas. Although I guess the babies are probably huge now.

Jessica said...

Oh my, you are sooo emo.

Here's my Seven Songs of the Moment, even though you didn't ask...

7) I can't go for that - Hall and Oates...more for the Hall than the Oates.

6) Gimme More - Brit-meister...I can't help myself, that tune is catchy. Like herpes.

5) Love Me Or Hate Me - Lady Sovereign...Yes, it's old and played out, but I love it.

4) Smack That - Akon...self explanatory

3) A Bay Bay - Hurricane Chris...i've only really heard this song on those Buy a Ringtone commercials. But that's enough to get me saying "A Bay bay" all dang day...
You Wanna Know Wat We Say In Da Club? A bay bay!

2)You know I'm No Good - Amy Winehouse...I just love that crazy stick leg ho.
Hand me your Stella and fly

1)Smile - Lily Allen...she's so cute and bug-eyed. And then so mean!
At first when I see you cry it makes me smile, yeah it makes me smile.