8.21.2007

reconnecting with the world

So I moved into my new bulding/temporary new apartment in the new building a little over a week ago. But much to my and Roommate's dismay, we were totally unable to pilfer anyone's internet. Much chagrin ensued, but we were both comforted by the fact that we were headed out of town for a week and could probably subsist off coffee shop wifi for the time being.

Oh how ignorant we are to our own codependence on reliably available high-speed internet connections. Consequently, I went nearly mad until I got on a plane and soon thereafter arrived at Camp Haiastan to lecture the kids about the motherland and enjoy Vahan's day off with him in nearby Boston. Incredibly, summer camps these days have wifi. Who knew?

As of today, however, we've got wifi at home. Thank the broadband gods!

Camp was fun, the lectures went well (despite my terror at having to speak in front of hordes of judgmental children), and Vahan and I had a fantastic night at the fabulous Taj Hotel, followed by a lovely picnic in the Boston Public Garden just across the street the next day.



Afterward, I rented a car and drove through the scenic Berkshires and into Vermont to see Bec, Jason, and the new Zimbaby: Abigail. (It's a girl!) She's even cuter than her pictures, with much redder hair and even bluer eyes. It's fair to see that I'm an auntie smitten. Just look at that face:



And please note the adorable yellow booties I bought for her in Armenia. I have some taste. Even if she'll probably outgrow them by Tuesday.

No comments: