2.07.2007

cheez whiz

The only mistake I made in Philadelphia this weekend was ordering a cheesesteak with provolone instead of the Cheez Whiz. First off, I was too scared to order myself as the guy taking orders seemed to relish barking at anyone who glanced his way, so I made Vahan order for me. He should've been a man and just changed my order to include the Whiz, but no, he followed my pathetic, marginally health-conscious order and asked for the provolone. It was good, but the Cheez Whiz was infinitely better.

Oh yeah, we went to Philly this weekend.

Vahan surprised me Saturday morning by showing up at my apartment in a white Mustang. We saw the Penn Campus, where Vahan and Ben Franklin discussed the finer points of electricity:



And we went to the Art Museum, where we decided *not* to be one of the dozens of morons running up the steps a la Rocky, but we did opt for this photo with a Rocky-esque statue:



Then we had a fabulous Italian dinner, a nightcap at a nearby cigar bar, and hit up the Italian market and the aforementioned cheesesteaks before calling it a weekend and getting home just in time for me to ignore the Super Bowl and him to cook for all the people watching the Super Bowl at his house.

On an unrelated note: Snow is back and still no snow days. Keeping my fingers crossed for a university AND work shutdown soon!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

this blog is a gay. a vahan is a gay for not making you get cheeze whiz. and vahan is also a gay for not making you face your fears and order for yourself. and you are a gay for not ordering for yourself. also, you are both a gay for not running up the steps like Rocky. And finally, you are a gay for not watching the super bowl because it was actually decent until it got out of hand towards the end. that is all...

eva said...

I don't know which is worse: Being a gay, or sinning against ouzo.

Christie said...

I'm so glad you had a chance to go to Philadelphia. I spent a weekend there while I was working in Delaware, and I was expecting something more like Pittsburgh, but was surprised when it actually felt more like Chicago. How sweet of Vahan to whisk you away! :)

Jessica said...

Who is the ouzo sinner? Why does the ouzo sinner think everything and everyone is a gay?
This is very puzzling.

But seriously, you are a gay for not watching the Super Bowl. It kicked ass, except for Prince and his phallic guitar, which was a gay.

Anonymous said...

Jessica is a gay.

Jessica said...

Only on the weekends, after much ouzo.

Jessica said...

Update your blog biznatch.
I know you're doing crap.