9.21.2006

too cool for school

Not really, but I'm definitely too cool for this blog. I've hardly had any down time since I lost wrote in here. Apologies to my loyal readers (all 6 of you. I know you're out there! Sitetracker is rad!)

All that said, it really has been a whirlwind couple of weeks. Classes are in full swing -- researching my first paper this weekend at the library, exact topic remains to be determined, but suffice to say it will incorporate international security and information technology, as that is the title of the course. Last weekend was spent at an ANCA conference on grassroots leadership, which drained me of all energy for this week. Armenians are great and exhausting and talkative and funny and fun. I went out two nights in a row (I'm OLD -- this is a major accomplishment), hoofed it all over Capitol Hill, and listened as my fellow Armos chewed out the Assistant Secretary of State for Eurasian Affairs for firing the previous ambassador to Armenia. If you want to know why, just click here.

Oh, and I met some cool D.C. Armos. It was a fun weekend.

Now I'm learning the delicate balance between work and school and generally loving, being fascinated and blown away by nearly everything I hear and see every day.

Today, it would be this invite I just got in my Georgetown email:

"John J. DeGioiaPresident of Georgetown University invites you to attend theconferral of the degree Doctor of Laws, honoris causa upon His ExcellencyHamid KarzaiPresident of Afghanistan"

What made that announcement even better was it was immediately preceded by an invitation to a Fountains of Wayne concert on campus this Saturday.

What can I say except: Hoya Saxa!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Don't tell your mom you are mingling with Armos! She'll start hearing wedding bells!

Christie said...

Since I do, you know, information technology security consulting, let me know if you need any help on the IT topics. I might have research at my fingertips for you or could direct you to some sites to help understand some of the tech stuff.